Thursday, December 6, 2012

First episode of 30CalGal TV with Anette Wachter: BladeTech

A few months back, I filmed with Anette Wachter at Boomershoot 2012. I was stoked when she approached me with the idea of starting a series that goes into the factories and companies of the great companies in the Northwest which cater to the tactical and shooting world.

Out first stop was Blade Tech. I was surprised to hear they were so close to home (not more than an hour away), and I even own one of their earlier knives with a milled carbon fiber handle, which is the only knife I own with S30V super steel. That's a whole other thing all together, as they are mostly known for their injection molded and thermoplastic products. There are a lot of "kydex" companies out there, but not many do it like this.

Lessons learned while doing this project:
Keep my jaw from hanging, haha. No, but I think in future I think I will compose this to be made up in different shots, instead of one continuous shot. Not that it doesn't work this way, because you really feel like you're on the tour wish us, but it can get lengthy. Also, this is a perfect opportunity to start using my steadicam again. It's heavy, bulky, but it will smooth things out for production. All in all, Anette did a great job, and our tour guide Ryan from Blade Tech did a kick ass job, and really knew his stuff.

All in all, I was really impressed with their manufacturing process and attention to detail, and can't wait for our next assignment.

Take care out there- Andy


No comments:

Post a Comment