Saturday, February 16, 2013

Guess who learned AutoCAD

So I don't mean to beat this to death, but I've been learning how to do AutoCAD for the last few days, and aside from the swearing, and itching my head, I finally made a scaled model of the field knife which I am calling the Tahoma Field Knife (Tahoma being the native name for Mt. Rainier).

The reason why I did this is to be able to easily (or more easily) bring my design to the water jetting company or laser cutting company to have prototypes cut out with a high degree of precision so that it will be the closest it can be to the final product. Check it out! I feel like the geek I was back in the high school biotech academy.

I was also able to really fine tune angles and shapes that would have taken me a lot of trial and error without it. This process has been a really eye opening experience, and I tip my hat to the guys who do this for a living making airplanes, guns, pretty much everything. Anywho, it is getting late, so I'll sign off, and will have a testing video of my first prototype up soon (maybe even tomorrow).

Take care out there,
Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment