Friday, October 5, 2012

Midweek camping trip

Yesterday I had to do a couple video projects out in the woods, which all took some time. Instead of going back and forth, I decided to just camp out. 

I started out by finishing a video using Tannerite®. I previously made a video showing how Tannerite® will not cause a fire by blowing up a gallon of gasoline. I just went back to blow up another gallon for slow motion :)

After filming that stuff which was pretty straight forward, I took out my trusty rake, shovel, and magnet doohicky to clean up...well...the rake wasn't too reliable. It ended up breaking at the end. I'll replace it with a dead cedar sapling though. After I cleaned this first site up, I cleaned up around the creek bank I was camping at. All in all it was 2 full sized garbage bags full. 







When I went to fetch some water from a nearby creek, something caught my eye down the embankment. It was a mountain bike! I put the truck in park and weaseled my way down. it was STEEP. I picked it up and it seemed to be in OK shape. I pedaled it around a bit to make things go by faster when not in the truck.

Later on the next day I filmed my test video for about.com to try my luck at being a video producer for them. Crossing the fingers!

My day ran a bit long after I wrapped filming. I stopped by the ranger station to deposit the rubbish in their dumpster. The gal at the desk was confused at first, since I wasn't with an organization, but I got approval to use their dumpster none the less. Note to self: Use heavy duty bags or buckets next time. One of the bags ripped completely in my truck. HUGE MESS!

After I was done with the ranger station, I went to the sherifs office to report the bike. The serial numbers are filed off of it so I'm sure someone wants it back... Hope they claim it within the next 30 days :)

Anywho. That was my Thursday/Friday in the office. Wish all days were like this!






No comments:

Post a Comment